Qualifications & Designations:
Kevin’s education includes a Bachelor of Human Kinetics (BHK) in Exercise Science with distinction from the University of British Columbia and a post-graduate degree in Osteopathy Manual Practice (DOMP) from the Canadian School of Osteopathy. This 5-year program is recognized by the World Health Organization and is followed by a clinical research year and thesis defence. He has completed post-graduate courses in treatment of the brain following physical (ie. concussion) or emotional trauma as well as Bioenergetic Impulses which focused on advanced joint manipulations for the entire body.
Kevin is the Director of Education for RAD Roller, a product and education company based out of Denver, Colorado. He is the creator of RAD Mobility – an evidence based paradigm that teaches the latest research on pain, manual therapy, mobility, and movement while empowering fitness pros and clinicians to assess and prescribe health solutions with precision. It has been taught all around the world including Canada, United States, China, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, the Netherlands, Greece, Hungary, Italy and Sweden.
Kevin has spent the last few years developing Integrative Movement & Manual Therapy (IMMT), an interdisciplinary approach to teaching that offers educational courses to physical rehabilitation professionals and focuses on the integration of manual therapy and movement.
Kevin formerly worked at Innovative Fitness for over 12 years and served as the Director of Movement & Manual Therapy. He coached a diverse range of clients; from teenage hockey players, to pro athletes, to middle aged individuals training for their first marathon, cycling event or Ironman triathlon.
His resume features experience working with elite athletes including:
- Sports Science Consultant for Canadian Olympic athletes.
- Consultant for the Vancouver Canucks hockey team during training camp.
- Rehab specialist for numerous Canadian Football League players, including the current BC Lions star quarterback.
- Strength & conditioning coach for the Surrey Eagles Junior A hockey team, various Surrey FC soccer teams, Team Canada junior national team baseball and water polo players, Division 1 and U Sports university athletes, and Ironman triathletes.
Kevin has always had a passion for sports and he felt most at home on the soccer pitch, basketball court or baseball diamond. He was a provincial champion as an athlete in all 3 of these sports at the highest rep level. A recurrent guest lecturer at Simon Fraser University for the Kinesiology Department, he has a passion for following the latest developments in sports science research.
Kevin has presented at the following conferences:
• American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Annual Health & Fitness Summit in Arlington, VA (2018) and Dallas, TX (2022)
• Canfitpro Annual Health & Fitness Summit in Toronto, Ontario & Vancouver, British Columbia
• Evidence Based Fitness Academy (EBFA) Master Trainer Summit in New York
• Barefoot Training Summit in New York City and Scottsdale, Arizona
• Catalyst Conference in Ottawa, Ontario
He has a passion for travel and has visited 40 countries, setting foot on 6 continents. Highlights of his active pursuits include completing the Great Wall of China Marathon, 4-day Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu in Peru, New York City Marathon, Vancouver to Whistler Gran Fondo, Berlin Marathon (folllowed by celebrating at Oktoberfest in Munich) and the 75 km West Coast Trail hike on Vancouver Island.
Kevin chose a career in health care because it allows him to make a positive impact on people’s lives.